Did you forget your Facebook password? It has happened to all of us; we try to log in and it just shows an incorrect password. Since the internet has become more connected, there is a rise in cybercrime. This is why it has become crucial to have different passwords for every account. It has also caused websites to enhance their security and it is a requirement to have complicated passwords, mostly including uppercase, lowercase, and numbers. This is the reason why it becomes so difficult to remember the password for every account. Whether you have forgotten your password or was it changed by someone, you can gain access to your account. Facebook has numerous ways through which you can reclaim your account. In this article, we have listed the best ways to recover your Facebook password.
Continue reading to know more!
the best ways to recover your Facebook.
- Resetting the Password If you have forgotten your password, you can get back your account by resetting the password.
- When you visit the website, you see “Forgotten account?” under the Password dialog box.
- Click on this option and you will be taken to a new page.
- Here you will have to enter your phone number or email address that is linked to your account.
- After that, recovery options will be presented to you. For instance, you want to receive the code via email or through a phone number.
- You must choose the one that suits you the best. What if you don’t Have Access to These Accounts? There is a link mentioned beneath the accounts, “No longer have access to these?” In case you don’t have access to these, you can link on this link. Facebook will only give access to your account who are authorized. In order to get access,
- you need to prove your identity. The account recovery information is proof of your identity that you are the rightful owner. Without this information, Facebook cannot verify it and you will get access to the account.
- Luckily, there is a solution for this problem as well.
solution for the problem that you are the rightful owner of Facebook Account.
- . Facebook will ask for a new phone number and email address. This is to make sure they can reach out to you if needed. In case you have Trusted Contacts list, you can use it to recover your account.
- A code will be sent to these contacts that you will have to enter. If you don’t have this list setup, you might have to answer your security question to recover the account. Note: You should keep in mind there might be changes in the steps. This is because of your situation and changes made by Facebook. You must follow the steps Facebook provides you. Hence, this is an official way to recover your Facebook password.
- Another way can be to use the Saved Logins in your browser. This will only work if you have saved your password on the browser. However, keep in mind that you can always create a new account. Stay updated on the latest Facebook news by subscribing here.