Main reasons why people chose plagiarism are very similar to why people chose to cheat. There can be multiple reasons to it depending on the scenarios but in general, we can take below to be the most common reasons why people like plagiarism :
1. Always looking for easier way of completing a task : Now a days, people always search for an easier way of doing a task. So when something is put before them, they look for “how others are doing” then they are pushed towards plagiarism. Their mind allows them to quickly plagiarize and finish the task quickly.
2. Not able to generate new ideas : Some peoples are not able to get new ideas quickly but they have to complete a task on time. They are more inclined towards plagiarism in such situations.
3. Always in the race to fame : Many peoples are found to be in the race to achieve more and more fame. Once they see a new idea is generating good success, they simply try to copy the idea and try to build a similar product to compete with the original one. In such ways also people get themselves on the side of plagiarism.
4. Pressure of succeeding : Many peoples specially students are found to be in pressure of succeeding. They don’t see an option to “not succeed”. They deal with so much pressure that they find themselves moving towards plagiarism.
5. Excess Workload : Suppose you are a hard working person but you are put to complete so much work that you will require to put many extra hours to complete it and if you don’t complete on time, you will get the work piled up taking your all the time to finish that off your desk. In such scenarios, peoples are inclined towards plagiarism to complete the excess work on time to make sure the work is not piled up.
6. Lack of competence : Peoples lacking competencies are more likely to plagiarize as they find it the only option to complete the task. They can opt to obtain competencies but by the time they are competent, they will plagiarize.
7. Lacking Morality : Morality can also be a reason why people plagiarize. They don’t find it immoral to plagiarism. They just feel no harm when they steal someone’s hard work just for their own personal benefit.
8. Fear of losing reputation : Sometimes peoples work hard and obtain some reputation in the organization. Now when some new assignment is given to them, they feel that their reputation is at stake. Thus they chose to plagiarize to make sure they deliver the work as per their reputation.
There are multiple other reasons as well which make people opt for plagiarism but no reason is justified enough for they opting for plagiarism. Peoples often chose to plagiarize as per their convenience only and they don’t see any harm in doing so.