Treatment For Skin Burns From Sun Exposure: When a person is exposed to direct sunlight, or even strong exposure to artificial lighting, which many girls do in order to gain the bronze color or any source that contains a lot of ultraviolet rays, it inevitably leads to skin burns due to sunlight and the resulting Strong redness of the skin and scaling of the skin.
Treatment For Skin Burns From Sun Exposure
Doctors always emphasize to all people not to be exposed to the sun for long periods of time, and of course prevention is better than treatment, but there are those who are exposed to the sun frequently, and this is what we will try to help in our article, but it should be noted that there are some types of skin burn injuries that cannot be cured, but we will offer you a lot of treatment methods that somewhat reduce the sensation of pain due to skin burns.
At first, if the injury is very strong, we immediately call an ambulance in case of exposure to these symptoms
- Feeling very weak and unable to even stand on one’s feet
- The feeling of general confusion and inability to think completely
In the event that you are walking with a friend of yours or sitting at home and a member of your family comes to you and he is in one of the following cases:
- Feel general weakness
- Feel dizzy and faint
- He feels a strong headache and pain that does not go away from the head
- Feel a strong heartbeat
- Also, feel strong thirst
- Feel a state of strong sweating and pallor
- Nausea, fever or chills, and a rash on the skin begins
- Any injury to the eye and its inability to see the light
- Diarrhea or vomiting
Immediately contact the doctor, in this case, he has a strong sunstroke and begins to enter a state of dehydration.
How do we relieve the pain caused by skin burns due to heatstroke?
- Try to go to the bathroom and take a light shower and take a shower with water, but do not use water a lot on your body so that the skin does not get irritated and after the shower, dry the skin with dry air or a towel very scary so that it does not rub your skin and try to relax for up to 15 minutes.
- While taking the bath, do not use soap or oils completely because they help from irritating the skin more.
- We put a very light wet towel on the places affected by the burns. We only bring a small towel and dip it in cold water, and then we put it gently on the burned area and leave it for half an hour.
It is possible to use one of the pain-relieving medicines, as there are many types of harmless medicines that can be used in case of skin burns, such as:
- Ibuprofen – and aspirin as they work to relieve burn pain.
- As for children, it is preferable to give them medicines such as acetaminophen or a medicine called ibuprofen, which is one of the strong antibiotics to treat skin infections.
It is also possible to use a topical analgesic
There are topical analgesics such as benzocaine, lidocaine, and pramoxine, which are strong analgesics and it is possible to use them and spray them on the affected places in order to relieve pain completely and also help relieve the pain of skin burns, but it is preferable before using it to test it on the skin, as in many times it causes skin allergies only we do Put a little of it on a healthy place on the body and leave it for a day to make sure that it does not cause any pain or any redness until we use it on the affected place more safely.
Treatment For Skin Burns From Sun Exposure: It is also not preferred at all to use these analgesics for children at the age of two years of age, and there are some products, including them, that cause complication for children at the age of 12 years. Therefore, until the age of 18 years, it is preferable to consult a doctor in order to use these topical analgesics.
- It is important to wear wide cotton clothes, especially in the summer, and if we suffer from skin burns, it is preferable to wear these cotton clothes from the inside and outside throughout the treatment period. Cotton is one of its most important features that helps the skin to breathe properly. It increases friction and causes skin sensitivity and does not absorb heat.
Use of cortisone cream
- There are many creams that are made of cortisone, or cortisone is used in their manufacture, and it can be used topically on the affected places on the skin. It contains a substance called steroids, which helps reduce the severity of strong infections on the skin.
- But we do not use cortisone creams on the face or on children, and it is important to consult the pharmacist before using them.
- It is important during the treatment period not to be directly exposed to the sun completely and to try to sit as much as possible in the shade places with great care to cover the affected places on the body, especially if we have to be exposed to the sun
- It is also important to use sunscreen when going out of the house. The cream can be used every hour or in case of strong exposure to sweat. It is distinguished by using the Sun Protection Factor cream, which is great against the sun.
- Attention should be paid to drinking a lot of water whenever we can. Getting sunburn on the skin helps those who cause dehydration to the body. Therefore, you should drink at least two liters of water and more daily, especially throughout the treatment period to avoid dehydration.
- It is also necessary to apply a moisturizing cream on the body that does not have any smell. After reaching a state of improvement in the treatment, it is preferable to use a moisturizing cream that is not completely scented, alleviating the condition of pimples and reducing the redness of the skin. The moisturizing cream helps prevent skin peeling and no infection.
There are some important warnings in case of skin burns
- Never pull or scratch the place of the burned skin, as it helps strongly from further irritating the affected area.
- We must pay close attention to any treatment we take during the treatment period.
- Never put ice on the burned place of the skin, as it causes a lot of severe pain in the affected area.