Being Mindful: In today’s metro era, the majority of people are shackled to the corporate lifestyle of daily traveling, non-stop work hours, and massive stress. Life is not as simple as it used to be since the world is experiencing a massive heyday in technology. There is a button for every product and service. However, this rapidness has taken over solace from people’s lives and left them derailed, but the pretense of fulfillment still goes on stoically.
It is a boon to be busy, an idle person decays his mind and body. God’s greatest gift to humankind was the ability to think and be productive. By no means does mindfulness promote lethargy or idleness. It is a subtle rest mechanism to help the mind escape from chaos.
When a person is mindful, he can be more productive just like the way a power nap delivers better results in terms of freshness. Mindfulness, if incorporated as a habit, has the power to change the way one perceives nature, animals, people, and the entire world.
To inculcate this mindset, some simple measures could be followed like:
- Wake up early, watch the sunrise and listen to the birds chirping. Stretch the body and exercise. It is imperative to keep the body fit, a small workout has purgatory effects. When the body is fit, the mind is automatically satisfied.
- Treat yourself to little things that make you happy. Do not swallow without chewing your food like swine. Eat patiently and enjoy the meal. Feel every flavor of the spices and save your favorite item for the end so that you can enjoy the after-taste for a longer time.
- Declutter your surroundings, clean your drawers, wardrobes and discard muddled articles from your tabletop. Manifest cleanliness in your surroundings. Once you start to organize your surroundings, the insides too will start to get sorted gradually.
- Walk as often as you can with slow steps, most preferably on grass after having a meal.
- Think positive about yourself and others. Abstain from contributing to gossip. Read good literature, be in good company and listen to soothing music at least once a day.
- It is an underrated therapy to journal one’s thoughts and highly advisable to jot down one’s feelings and ideas on paper. It is a magical solution due to which any problem starts to solve itself. Plans start getting executed when they are written down. The pen is a powerful weapon that can heal wounds and paper is a patient friend to the literate.
The violent acts of unhinged minds are not suspense to anyone. Newspapers are full of tales about unruly individuals who either commit crimes to others or sometimes even to themselves. Instead of lamenting these losses, if we concede to our shortcomings and try to be mindful, the world would be a more beautiful place to live in.