Summary of the book ‘Hachet’: Brian Robeson travels on a plane to meet his father after his mother’s divorce from his father. So he boards a plane with the pilot who suffers a heart attack.
And finds himself forced to pilot the plane. He directs it into the water to crash and completes the swim to the beach and faints.
Brian 7 struggles to survive
- He wakes up after several hours hungry and understands that he has to struggle to survive, so he searches a lot to find trees of berries and eats and stores them.
- Then he took refuge on a large rock and hid under it to sleep safely. Now, he is remembering the words of the English teacher to remain motivated and not lose faith in his abilities.
- In the morning Brian finds terrible pain in his stomach. Then, he remembers eating too many berries. He decides to look for healthy food.
- He does not find it. So he has to eat berries. But reasonably, he tried to catch fish. He did not succeed.
- So, he decided to make a spear, an arrow and learned to light a fire using the spark between two rocks.
- At night he heard a scribble on the beach, and in the early morning. He saw a large turtle swimming towards the sea.
- And he understood that it had laid its eggs and left. Brian searched for eggs and drank them raw. He kept the rest in his lair.
Summary of the book ‘Hacket’
While he was trying to catch fish, he heard the sound of an airplane, so he ran and shouted at the top of his voice, but she did not hear or see him.
He was disappointed and despaired, so he tried to cut off his hand, but he stopped and stayed awake and fell asleep after a severe collapse.
To wake up in the morning determined to live with full force no matter the circumstances.
Brian learns the secrets of living in the wild
After several weeks, Brian was catching fish, rabbits, and birds, so he had several sources of food.
He made a medium hole in front of his trough and put fish in it to have ammunition, but he was surprised by a severe hurricane.
That destroyed his shelter and took all his stocks, But Brian has become severe and does not give in to despair.
As he has become accustomed to the wilderness and knows its secrets, after the hurricane, he saw the remnants of the plane in the water.
So, he decided to take the supplies and the survival tools from it. He swam to it and made a hole in it with his ax, but it sank.
Then, he returned to the shore and was full of sadness, he breathed again and decided to try again.
He had to dive several times to get supplies and survival kits from the wreckage. Brian was surprised after opening the survival box.
There were weapons, clothes, supplies, and a transmitter. So he opened it and tried several times to send a message but failed.
So, he put it aside to make himself the most delicious dinner he had not tasted in 54 days, from the dried foods he found.
While he is happy that his life will become easier, he hears the sound of a plane that hears the call and comes to his rescue.
After Brian has become a completely new person who has learned from the wilderness the value of life.
Conclusion: Summary of the book ‘Hacket’
No matter how many circumstances hit you, do not give up. Learn constantly and use what is in your hands. Save yourself.
You are the best savior for it, rely on your knowledge and be patient and optimistic.