FOXY EYES: ALMOND-SHAPED EYES THANKS TO THE MAKE-UP! No more XXL round eyes of Japanese anime heroines: the trend is for eyes slender like almonds! From Bella Hadid to Emily Ratajkowski, via Kendall Jenner, all models fall for the fox eye. But if the secret of the biggest stars is none other than the scalpel, we believe in the power of make-up. Discover how to have a star gaze without going through the surgery box!
The foxy eyes makeup?
Taken from the English “fox”, the fox look or foxy eyes is the big trend of the moment. Like this flamboyant animal, the foxy eyes stretch the gaze upwards, as if you had succumbed to the traditional eyelift.
Be careful, don’t confuse foxy with cat eyes. Although these two trends are close, the foxy eyes is a more modern version than its predecessor. The key to this new trend lies mainly in fading. Have you never been able to handle eyeliner with dexterity? It’s perfect! A black or brown eyeshadow will do very well to achieve a foxy eye. The colors are mostly warm, smoky tones, such as brown, taupe, gray, or black. But nothing prevents you from bringing a little fantasy by doing a colorful foxy eye!
The foxy eyes: for all types of eyelids?
Good news! You don’t need to have Amanda Seyfried’s almond eyes to adopt foxy eyes. Of course, if you are lucky enough to have this naturally stretched shape, your foxy eyes will only be easier to perform. But all types of eyelids and all eye shapes can indulge in this makeup technique.
How to do foxy eyes makeup
We now explain everything you need to know to achieve the foxy of your dreams.
What tools do make foxy eyes makeup?
While this trend does not require great makeup skills, you will still need the right tools. The choice of brushes is essential to be able to draw lines, then blur them afterward.
First, you’ll need an angled brush, or a relatively thin, flat brush. This will allow you to draw fine lines flush with your eyelashes, like an eyeliner.
Then, a ball brush will be precise enough to allow you to apply the intermediate shadow in small touches
Finally, a fluffy brush will be of the utmost use to blend your eyeshadows and create a subtle gradient that will stretch and rejuvenate your eyes.
You do not know which brushes to choose? Don’t panic: the editor recommends the Rose Golden Luxury set from the famous brand Zoeva. From synthetic Taklon fibers to natural bristles, these brushes are suitable for both cream and powder products, in addition to being arranged in elegant packaging and having a sublime pink and gold design.
What about the eyeshadows? The foxy eyes can be declined in all types of shades, as long as the three eyeshadows you choose are from the same family and can be blended in a nice gradient. Traditionally done in nude shades, your foxy eyes will look perfect with a palette like the Naked 2.
The eyebrows: not to be neglected!
Do you have what you need at your fingertips? Perfect. But wait a bit before tackling your eyes! If it is indeed your eyes that you will mainly work on, do not neglect your eyebrows. They must be perfectly shaved, and if possible, with a tail high enough so that your eyes are as open and as “lifted” as possible. It is indeed preferable to make room for the sharp and stretched comma which will lengthen your outer corner.
Step by step eye makeup
Now that your eyebrows are ready and you’ve armed your brushes, your eye makeup can begin.
1) First of all, prepare your eyelids with a base to lengthen the hold of your make-up.
2) Using your ball brush, apply your lightest shade evenly over your entire eyelid. You can go up to under the brow bone.
3) Now have your darkest shadow and your angled brush. Like an eyeliner line, draw your line flush with your eyelashes and stretch this line to the tail of your eyebrow. The line should not be curved like a comma, but straight like a V towards the temples. You can also emphasize your lower lining and connect it with the V you just drew.
4) With this same shadow, now focus on the inner corner of your eye. This step is very important if you want to get an elongated eye like a fox. Make your inner corner look pointed by drawing another V, toward the bridge of your nose.
5) Now is the time to blur your line and define your crease: take your fluffy blending brush and take a little bit of the intermediate shadow with it. Now blend your outer corner by blending the mid shadow and dark shadow to achieve a layered shadow.
6) Last step: bet on your eyelashes! Here again, make the outer corner of your eye move up towards your temples by lengthening your lashes more in this area. Half a fringe of false eyelashes will help you create that crescendo of length.
What hairstyle to adopt?
You are well made up and dressed, but here it is: the question of the hairstyle arises. You can keep your hair down perfectly with this makeup, but if you want to accentuate the “lifted look” effect, a ponytail or a well-pulled bun will allow you to clear your face and lift your eyebrows, and wedge even more. of your eyes. Look at you like a fox!