How to get a deep and restful sleep?… Sleep is one thing that we do not care about most in our lives, but once one of us gets a proper and abundant amount of sleep at night, this is the best thing that you can do for your health positively.
A sound, calm, deep sleep at the right time can with all its power to help the body recover from the previous day from any tension and stress, and the right sleep helps the body to maintain focus throughout the next day.
Of course, we all know how to sleep, but many of us face a lot of difficulties in the idea of falling into a deep sleep. Some fluctuate a lot during sleep and wake up more than once during the sleep period and cannot get a calm and deep sleep to benefit from sleep properly, and this is what we will present to you today in A set of steps we take to get a proper, calm and deep sleep.
Enjoy a warm bath a few hours before bed
Taking a warm bath helps us get the body to relax and feel great cleanliness, and studies show that having a warm bath has more benefits for the elderly from 60 to 80 years old and young people from 17 to 23, as it comforts them. It is preferable, at least two hours before bed, to take a warm bath and feel comfortable and clean, which is important for proper sleep.
Relax your clothes to get a deep and restful sleep
There are sleep experts who explain that sleeping with loosening a lot of clothes helps the body to regulate its temperature without affecting sleep. Try carefully to adjust the body temperature using clean sheets and a warm blanket and a comfortable pillow because many suffer from wearing sleep pajamas Absolutely uncomfortable.
But if you like to sleep in pajamas and feel comfortable with them, there is no problem, but we advise you to use the wide pajamas made of cotton, as they are often much better than using other fabrics and make you feel more comfortable.
- Try to dress appropriately for the surrounding weather.
- Try a different sleeping position.
- Changing your sleeping position can make a lot of difference in getting a deeper sleep.
- Try to straighten your entire body and try to keep your hands straight with your neck.
- Also, try to completely avoid sleeping on the stomach, as it has a lot of harm.
Try using a wide sleeping pillow
If you have a thin pillow, it will make your head bend more towards the mattress and also do not put too many pillows under your head, try to sleep in a correct position so that your head is slightly higher than your body.
It is great to put a pillow between your legs and if you are a fan of sleeping on the sides, this is useful as the pillow between the thighs helps from the thigh support and makes the sleeping position more comfortable, and if you are a fan of sleeping on the back, try to put a pillow under your legs.
Before going to sleep, sit in a dark place to get a deep and restful sleep
Before going to sleep, trying to prepare for it about an hour, and exposing you to light in the period of bed preparation, helps to disturb your body’s biological clock, and your presence in a bright place also sends messages to the mind that the time for bed has not yet come.
Try to turn off the phone, computer, and everything that lights up around you at least an hour before you go to sleep, as you help your body feel calm and get used to the darkness.
Immediately turn off any lights around you
Close the windows, turn off your computer, phone, and anything that can emit light around you. If you cannot close it, cover it. The important thing is that no light appears around you to go into a deep sleep.
It’s great to use a sleeping eye mask
It completely helps to get rid of any sources of light in the place so that you can reach a complete deep sleep. The idea of the appearance of light in the place where you sleep helps to not produce the sleep hormone. They always makes the body in a state of great stimulation to remain fully awake.
Play soft music
Don’t play songs, just play quiet music, and there are many applications, including for mobile, that you play next to you and turn off the mobile, such as the sounds of waves and rain and so on.
- Make sure your body returns from going to sleep at a specific time and waking up at a specific time
- Changing your sleep schedule helps in the quality of your sleep and does not make you feel as comfortable as you feel while you go to bed at a specific time each day.
- Even on holidays, take care of sleeping and even if you sleep late on days, try hard to wake up at your normal time.
Try to come to relax to get a deep and restful sleep
Once you take a deep breath right before bed, you get the desired relaxation. Just sit in a comfortable position for yourself and try to create the surrounding atmosphere to enter relaxation.
- Do some light exercise with soothing music.
- Try to clear your mind completely of everything and close your eyes and with each breath forget one of your problems.
- Try to think of everything positive in your life. Also, try to visualize everything that makes you happy.
- Try to breathe in and continue in this position up to 10 minutes before bed each night.
Don’t forget to nap to get a night of deep and restful sleep
A person needs to rest for some time in the afternoon, as it relieves the feeling of drowsiness.
Pay attention to eating low-fat meals
The more full the stomach, the more disturbed the sleep period, the heavier your meal, the more time your stomach has to digest properly. Try to have dinner at least three hours before going to bed.
- Try to stay away as much as possible from fatty food. It is not healthy and prevents you from feeling good sleep.
Avoid eating spicy food, as it causes a lot of stomach pain at night
- You never should sleep when you feel hungry.
- Whenever you try to sleep on an empty stomach, this affects your sleep
- Try to have a snack if you feel like eating
- Avoid eating foods that are full of sugars and carbohydrates
- Try to eat food that contains protein such as chicken, yogurt, tuna, and peanuts. This type of protein and complex natural fats helps the body to sleep and satiate the feeling of very hunger.
Avoid caffeine in the afternoon and evening
Stay away from coffee, tea, cocoa, and soda water, and all of this contains caffeine. They keep you awake for a long time, especially throughout the night. Even if you take it in the early morning, the effects of caffeine last up to 12 hours
Try to have drinks that help you relax
Milk or natural herbal drinks have many amazing benefits for the human body. They range from providing complete comfort to the body during sleep.
Use the bedroom only for sleeping
Whenever the mind and body get used to doing any activity in the bedroom besides sleeping, you will always find yourself fully prepared to work during the sleep period. Try to make your mind understand that the bedroom is special for sleeping and any activity that helps to relax.
Stay away from doing work or any duties and activities in the room. Also, stay away from using the computer and watching TV in the bedroom. This includes talking on the mobile phone, eating food, or doing home exercises. There are relaxing activities you can do in your bedrooms such as reading and relaxation exercises.
Make your bedroom comfortable and a beautiful haven for you
Always try to make the bedroom comfortable for you, make the bed beautiful and comfortable, and make the room full of vitality and calm.
Always clean your room to get a deep and restful sleep
Get rid of any unnecessary belongings. Clean the shelves well of dirt stuck to it. Always sweep the floor and always empty the trash and get rid of all the dishes, cups, and bottles that are not important in the room. The more you work to make the room clean the more it feels comfortable to you and your mind. He will understand that it is a healthy place and healthy always comes from cleanliness.
Decorate the room to get a deep and restful sleep
The more you decorate the room and it becomes delightful just by looking at it, the happier you will feel inside of you. Of course, it is unnecessary to make your room a masterpiece as we see on TV. But you need to make some beautiful simple changes that make it wonderful. Take care of the organization. The more organized the room, the better it will be.
Always freshen up the bedding
It is preferable to renew the mattress pad you sleep on after 5 years of use.
Useful tips for a peaceful and healthy sleep
- Go to the bathroom before you go to sleep.
- Make sure you sleep on a pillow that is comfortable for you.
- Create a daily routine for yourself to sleep, a routine for your mind.
- Once you lie on the pillow, talk to yourself, sing, or imagine a pleasant place. Imagine places that make you feel calm to help yourself sleep. Make it a habit for you.
- Think about all the good things in your day. Even if you had a lot of bad things in your day, think about the good things. Think about the things you are going to do the next day.
- Try to put anything that smells of lavender in particular on the bed. It is the most perfume that helps you relax and sleep well.
- Don’t forget to take your own drink by your bed every time you wake up in the evening drink it.