What should I read next? The reading activity becomes one of the best ways to enjoy your free time. The more you read, the more you stimulate your mind. Mental stimulation keeps blood flowing to our brain, preventing diseases like dementia and Alzheimer’s. When we read, our cognitive function and memory improve.
What should I Read Next?
During the pandemic lockdown, research finds reading books has surged. This means the reading lifestyle becomes one of the most important rituals in these difficult times. As a book reader, presently you might have not ideas what’s a book you should read for the next. This article is about to give you book recommendations that may suit your interest and needs.
1. Think and Grow Rich – Napoleon Hill: This book is a classic book whose prints are always updated because they are always selling well. This book was written by Napoleon Hill after he had “studied” Andrew Carnegie. The words in this book have always succeeded in burning my spirit to continue to strive for success, and I believe this is very good for training your mentality.
2. How To Win Friends and Influence People – Dale Carnegiea: This book helps us self-reflect in order to understand how to communicate well with those around us.
3. The 48 Laws of Power – Robert Greene: If you want to understand politics well, read this book. Very complete written. It’s over 600 pages thick. After reading this book, your eyes will be opened and you will understand how politics really works and why it has to be the way it is.
4. Mastery – Robert Greene: This book will train you to become an expert in your field. The explanation and method are very complete.
5. Shoe Dog – Phil Knight: If Warren Buffet said, this Phil Knight is a very talented storyteller. That’s right, Phil Knight, co-founder of Nike, wrote this book very well. The way he tells the story of his life until he formed Nike is very interesting.
6. The E-Myth Revisited – Michael E. Gerber: So this book actually explains why SMEs can’t develop, the explanation is described with a fictional story. If you read this you will understand how to actually develop SMEs properly.
7. Outliers – Malcolm Gladwell: This is a story about another reason behind the success of some famous figures. This other reason is very good to emulate. One of them is that he said to be an expert at one thing, you must have at least 10,000 hours of flying in that field.
8. The Power of Habit – Charles Duhigg: This book is important in re-setting your habits. So that you understand there are some habits that you are not aware of or do not know that you can change or implement to help you become even better.
9. Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus – John Gray: The essence of this book is actually only 2-3 pages. But this book is necessary so that you understand about the opposite sex.
10. Rich Dad Poor Dad – Robert Kiyosaki: You must have seen this book often at Gramedia. This book is a best seller all the time. We need to understand financial education.