Vinegar is considered to be a diluted solution consisting of acetic acid and is extracted or made vinegar by the fermentation process of fruit such as apples, grapes or dates and others. Most scientific centers collect that the beginning of Medicine was total dependence on apple vinegar in the treatment of many diseases, where it was called Magic therapy.
In some studies on vinegar and its properties in addition to the methods of its use in treatment, they confirmed that more than 300 ways through which vinegar is used in the fight against germs and reduce the problems of the body in addition to maintaining health in addition to its many uses, especially in cleaning and removing fat from clothes, and Hiccups and soothes bruises and skin rashes.
Things we need
To make vinegar we need fresh apple fruits, Jars, or some bottles, A piece of soft gauze prevents the ingress of vinegar fly and a clean cloth or bowls of straw. Clean the fruits of apples well with soapy water and then dry them well by putting them in the sun for a day or two, then cut the fruits with a knife or mash and put in a vase made of glass.
Apple vinegar is a truly useful product for health, and it is versatile, you can drink it, sterilize your household appliances, or use it in cooking, you can prepare it in easy steps at home. It consists of 3 beads of apples, 850 mm of water, and 3 tablespoons of sugar or honey.
Preparation of Apple vinegar
- Cut the apples into small cubes, then move them to a glass jar.
2. Cover the apples with water, be sure to completely immerse them, use mineral or filtered water, free of impurities.
3. Add a teaspoon of sugar or honey to each apple, stir the mixture well, sugar helps to ferment vinegar, it turns into alcohol.
4. Cover the bowl with a piece of cheesecloth, and keep it somewhere warm and dark.
5. Stir the mixture once or twice a day, this helps in the fermentation process.
6. You may notice after a week or two, to cut the apples had just sunk in the bottom of the vessel, at this stage filter cut apples from apple juice using a sieve plastic, or cotton cloth.
7. Pour the apple juice back into the bowl, then cover with a cloth lumbar installed with a rubber band, set it in the same place warm appearance.
8. Leave the apple juice to ferment for three to six weeks, stirring every few days.
9.Transfer the fermented vinegar to a glass container and store it in your refrigerator.
Be sure to follow these tips really useful to you during the process of preparation of apple vinegar in your home, which are as follows:
- Choose good apples, although they will be fermented for a long time, the apples you choose can greatly affect the flavor of the finished vinegar.
- Instead of using whole apples, you can store the remains of apples used in other dishes to prepare apple cider vinegar. One whole Apple is almost equivalent to the remains of two apples.
- Wash apples with cold water, it is always good to wash fruits and vegetables before eating them, the same applies when cooked or brewed, to clean from impurities.