The winter – Drink. Sahlab with cinnamon
Since we are currently in winter, we find that many people enjoy hot drinks, especially in order to feel warm and active, especially in the elderly and children, even by young people. The whole family adores hot drinks that give energy, and the best of these drinks is Sahlab with cinnamon, which is used extensively in the Middle East, especially in Syria, Egypt, and Turkey. Here’s how to make this warm, healthy drink.
Benefits of orchid or Sahab with cinnamon
1. The orchid or Sahlab with cinnamon treats digestive disorders, especially constipation, bloating and gases, improves digestion and facilitates bowel movement for the elderly, young people and children
2. It treats diarrhea for children, especially newborns.
3. It strengthens the immune system.
4. It treats stomach ulcers, because it contains milk that soothes inflammation.
5. The orchid helps weight loss because it contains a high content of calcium
6 cups of milk, 2 tablespoons of starch, a glass of fine sugar, 2 tablespoons of orange blossom water, a tablespoon of Rose Water, a teaspoon of soft cinnamon, a teaspoon of grated coconut.
Put four cups of milk with sugar in a saucepan on the fire, then put the starch in the rest of the milk (2 cups) and leave it aside. When the milk starts to boil, add the starch – milk mixture. After that, turn the heat down and start stirring until the mixture thickens. Add the orange blossom water and rose water after 10 minutes. Leave them for two minutes on law heat. The last step is to pour the mixture into deep plates or cups or tea cups and decorate it with coconut and cinnamon.
For those who do not prefer sugar, they can use natural honey instead of sugar.