Living in Present
living in present is the moment that we are living in, and living in the present actually means paying our attention and focus our energies on the situation that we are currently in, instead of focusing on what has already happened or what is going to happen and Forgiveness.
If a person is currently jobless and is in depression because he has always been a poor person and now even after the degree is not getting a job and he sits and thinks that he will become even poorer in the future. His life will remain miserable, and then he will never improve his lifestyle and work for the betterment. Instead of living in the past and the Future, the person must pay attention to the present and lookout for ways and opportunities to get a job and improve his life.
Importance of living in present
It is important to focus on the present because the past and the future or not in our hands. We cannot change them no matter how much we try or waste our energy thinking about them so we can utilize all the energy that we have in making our present better, which ultimately lead to a better future and when we will be in the better future we will think that we work hard today. We will be happy about our past and, in this way, we have an altogether better life by focusing on the present than we will ever have by focusing on the past in the future.
Forgiveness means leaving our grudges and personal differences that we have with some people based on some events or behaviors that have harmed us or emotionally hurt us.
- Just like other behaviors and thinking patterns, forgiveness can also be exercised and improved. We can develop a habit of forgiving by starting with small things that we feel bad about when others do to us and then gradually moving towards the bigger ones.
- When we understand that everyone here has a reason behind, it will be more forgiving towards the others because we cannot be angry with someone if we have a deep understanding of what they are going through.
- We need to develop unconditional positive regard and empathy towards other humans to forgive them for what they have done to us.
- We need to forgive people not because we want to forgive them but because not forgiving them is bad for us.
- You need to understand that whatever people have done to you, you cannot change the past, and constantly thinking about what they have done and how to seek revenge is bad for your mental health. You are focusing on the important energy that you have on a useless thing.
Forgiving is not easy. We need to free ourselves from the loop of pain that we are in and wasting our energy on. Living in the present makes us happy and our mental health better. Make yourself a priority and leave the bad feeling that you have for others. You deserve better than just bearing pain for others sins.