Turmeric, also known as the “Golden Spice” has been attracting the attention of modern medical science in the past few years, as nearly 3000 publications have been published on turmeric in the past 25 years alone.
The early use of turmeric started at least 4000 years ago during Vedic civilization in India where it was used for its culinary and religious significance.
From India, this spice reached China, East Africa, West Africa, and Jamaica. Great explorer Marco Polo marveled at the qualities of this spice in his travel journals. Turmeric holds significant importance in the medical treatise of Ayurveda.
1. The compound curcumin that exists in turmeric has both antifungal and antibacterial properties that help in boosting immunity. This boosts immunity and also helps in fighting infections.
2. Curcumin has antioxidant properties that assist in repairing damaged cells and reduces the risks of several illnesses.
3. The anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric provides relief against issues related to digestion like diarrhea, constipation, gas, bloating, and stomach ulcers. You can drink turmeric milk daily to provide some relief to the stomach.
4. Curcumin reduces depression symptoms and makes your mood better.
5. The ginger of golden milk makes the brain function better and reduces the occurrence of Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease, and it can be good for the brain.
6. The anti-microbial properties of turmeric help to fight against bacterial infections and also helps to get relief from sinus, bronchitis, and asthma symptoms. It also makes the respiratory system free from pathogens.
7. Drink turmeric milk for slowing down the aging process and for fighting against acne. It can make your skin smooth and provides it with a natural glow.
8. Turmeric has antioxidant properties that promote weight loss by breaking down body fats which boosts weight loss and that can also help you to get rid of deposited body fats.
You can drink a glass of turmeric milk either at night or in the morning but ideally, bedtime is preferred the most. The preparation of turmeric milk is quite an effortless process and you can prepare a glass of it so as to reap the benefits of it.
You can have a little of turmeric milk if you are allergic to the ingredients. It cannot be the replacement of medical treatments but can provide you with ample benefits.