Having a good character is something that changes the overall aura a person emits. The character a person exhibits can be a determining factor in the number of people that would like to hang around him. A beautiful character makes a person more appealing to talk to.
There are many ways you can do to help improve your character, some of which are;
• Cultivate the habit of smiling: some people tend to overlook the effect a smile can bring upon another person. The power of a simple smile is underrated. A smile can change the entire mood and ambiance of an environment. Moreover, a smile could make a person look younger and more beautiful. It’s a free cosmetic!
• Be kind to anyone and everyone: carrying out small and simple gestures for people can change their outlook on your character. These actions should be carried out genuinely and not for the purpose of gaining something back in return
• Lend a listening ear: people love it when they have someone that they can converse with easily about any problem.
• Have respect for yourself: Yes! Have respect for yourself. Do not exceed your limits with people. Know where you stand and do not force yourself into people who emit negative energy.
• Show respect for others: respect others the way you want others to respect you. This is just a sub-branch of being kind to them. Do not use vulgar terms nor insult or belittle them.
Have patience: sometimes, people can be unbearable. It can be family or friends. At times like this, you need to be patient so that you would not say things that will hurt them.
This is just an outline of some of the things you can do to improve your character. As they say “A person is outwardly defined by the character one exhibit”. Make an impression for yourself. An impression of good character and conduct.