You might’ve encountered some hardcore fan who loves buying every single merch, going to concerts, and fan meetings. Yes, they exist. Fans who are willing to spend a thousand bucks just to satisfy their fangirling needs, and we actually have no say to that because it’s really fulfilling when you finally achieved something you’ve dreamed of.
But what about those fans who are on a tight budget and don’t have a single penny to spend on their fangirling journey?
1. Concert announcements are more painful than any heartbreaks
Yep, that’s right. Imagine hearing the news that BTS or One Direction is having a concert in your area after a long hiatus but it isn’t on your budget list? Feels awful. “So close, yet so far” is the current theme of your life.
2. Merchandise after merchandise = Torture
Most artists release albums and merchandise almost every month or whenever they’re having a comeback. If you’re into light sticks, albums and photocards, then having to skip one because you’re on a tight budget is an absolute torture.
3. Illegal online streaming is life
Tickets for concerts and awarding ceremonies usually cost you a little bit of money. But did you know the perfect life hack to attend them for free? It’s through streaming the event online, at the comfort of your room! Most fan page owners do this kind of trick where they do livestreaming of current concerts and share links of it to their pages for other fans to freely watch without having to spend a single cent.
4. Giveaways are essential!
Joining giveaway contest is part of almost daily routine of a hardcore fan. A lot of fan page owners make giveaway contest in exchange of likes and shares, a great way to drive traffic and increase engagements to their page. Winners have a chance to win merchandise, albums or even a concert ticket if the event organizer is a big shot!
5. #TeamAirport or #TeamLabas
- “Team Labas” — from the word “Labas” meaning “outside” — is a term made my Filipino fans who wait outside of the concert arena because they don’t have concert tickets. Hoping the event organizer would let them enter for free (which happens sometimes, but rarely) or just contented listening to the concert outside, those are the two reasons why fans opted out for #TeamLabas.
- “Team Airport” from the word itself, fans wait at the airport for the arrival of the artist/s. This has more advantage than just standing outside the concert arena because you can see the celebrity up close if you’re in a good area.
Do you have any fangirling stories you want to share? Feel free to comment below!