We all know how irritating a fly can be, epecially when it barges into the quietness of your home. Apparently, a man in France has taken his irritation too far as he chased an intruding fly with an electric swatter.
In Dordogne France, a man reportedly in his 80’s has inadvertently blown up his home according to the Local Sud Newspaper. The man ended up with minor burns, and unfortunately, the explosion left his home uninhabitable.
As a result, most parts of his ceiling caved into the blast, with small glass properties shattered and overturned. It will take a relative amount of job to get his home back to being inhabitable, no thanks to an irritating fly.
Unknown to the man, there has been a gas leakage in his house. Consequently, the reaction between the electric swatter and the gas caused the explosion that left the man requiring medical attention to treat his minor injuries.
Many accidents, similar to this, have happened across the world when people, in a bid to eliminate a pest or rodents, end up causing bigger problems.
A similar incident took place in Ohio when a school teacher tried to eliminate cockroaches in his home. He placed Bug bombs in the living room and set the foggers off. While he retired to the back of his house, he heard a loud bang.
The explosion set off fire in the living room to the extent that firefighters had to come to their rescue to salvage the rest of the building. The poor man lost valuables as a consequence of trying hard to get rid of cockroaches and insects.
Back to our French hero, at the time of this report, the fate of the fly remains unknown. The elderly man was too terrified to remember what happened to the fly. Unarguably, the fly escaped, leaving the man to lick his wounds.
This incident took place on Friday 5th September 2020 in Dordogne, Southwest France.