Advantages of Book Reading
Reading is one of the most enjoyable and beneficial activities one can ever do. You must have been advised to read at least once in your life. “You should read, kid; it is good for you.” you probably have heard this line when you were young. It is said that reading is the food of the mind, for it enriches our knowledge and widens our horizons. It has very impressive impacts on those who practice it. Successful individuals, for example, are usually people who practice reading on a regular basis. However, what is more important than reading regularly is choosing what you read carefully. Reading one useful book is actually much better than reading 10 useless ones. In this way, you can guarantee that you get benefited from that compelling activity. Let us have a look at what reading can do to us.
“If there is a book that you want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, you must be the one to write it.”
People must choose such books which give them good knowledge. There must be libraries in every city, for libraries are the best place to read books. In libraries, one can read books without any disturbance, and there are a lot of books on every topic.
Advantages Of Book Reading :
If we are free then the best way to use this time is to read books.
- If people are under any stress, Then the best way to reduce stress is to read. Book reading gives people hope. People get fresh when they read, for books are the best friends.
- Books offer us information about many things. If we read books about different places in the world, then we get information about many many places. Books are a treasure full of knowledge.
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”
- Nowadays, many people have that issue they are not able to keep things in their minds. This is due to the memory issue because people have left reading books. Reading also enhances our memory. Old people have a good memory because years ago there were no mobile phones or social media. That’s why most people have the habit of reading books and newspapers.
“ Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his needs, is good for him.”
- Books are friends which help us in loneliness. Depression is a bad thing that destroys many people. But people who read books then this habit protects them from depression effects.
“Reading brings us unknown friends”
- If book reading is common in society then there is peace in that society. Countries in which people have the habit of reading books are given importance for a long time. Then, we can see that those countries are now very successful.
- Books are not only a collection of words written on pages. They are such powerful things that can change the life of anyone.
“A book is a garden, an orchard, a storehouse, a party, a company, by the way, a counselor, a multitude of counselors.”
- Book reading also motivates people. People who read books regularly are always motivated. Due to this motivation, people become successful.
- f a nation gives importance to book reading, then that nation becomes very successful in all aspects.
- Books also tell us the difference between good and bad things. They tell us which thing is good for us and which is bad. Books protect us from evil things, which is one of the biggest benefits of book reading.
- Book Reading polishes our skills. People who read books regularly have many good skills. Book reading also enriches us with more vocabulary. People who read books regularly also have good leadership skills.
“Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.”
As there are many advantages of reading, people who do not read books must start reading. If they adopt this habit, it will be very helpful for them. The media should also promote book reading. They must tell people about the importance of book reading.