Snails snack recipe
This snails snack recipe comes from my region, Setúbal. Setúbal is located across the Tagus river, about 30 miles from Lisbon. It belongs to the Club of the most beautiful bays in the world. However, fried cuttlefish with french fries is one of our dishes, today I’m giving you this snack recipe.
For this recipe you will need the following ingredients:
1 Kilo of small snails
2 Small chilies
4 Garlic cloves
One bunch of oregano
2 Bay leaves
1 Cube of chicken broth
- Wash the snails in cold water several times until the viscous is washed. Secondly, put the snails into a pan with water above them.
- Thirdly, take the pan into low heat and let it boil. Additionally, when the water starts to boil pour the salt, the garlic cloves stepped with a knife, the two chilies, the bay leaves, the chicken broth and finally the oregano.
- Gradually remove the foam.
- Lower the heat and let them cook for more five minutes.
- At this time, turn off the heat and let them take the taste for thirty minutes.
- Last but not least, remove them from the pan with a skimmer and serve them in a tray.
- Here’s a tip: eat them with a wooden toothpick.
Summer tip: Cut several slices of french bread and make some garlic bread with a taste of fresh tomato and extra virgin olive oil.
Garlic bread with fresh tomato!
- Several slices of french bread;
- 2 Cloves of garlic;
- A bit of sea salt;
- Half of one tomato, must be very red and mellow;
- Extra virgin olive oil;
- Bunch of Oregano.
Cut several slices of french bread and take them into the oven to toast. Take the bread off the oven and peel the garlic and rub it on both sides of each slice. Wash the tomato and cut it in half, rub also the tomato on both sides of each slice. Flavor the slices of bread with sea salt, extra virgin olive oil and oregano. Serve the bread with the snails and with a bottle of white wine.