Cumin seeds popularly known as jeera is one of the essential spices for adding flavor to our food. But, not everyone is aware of the fact that along with taste cumin seeds come along with health benefits because of its anti-inflammatory, medicinal and antioxidant properties.
Cumin seeds are one of the most beneficial whole spices grown and sold across India. These cumin seeds are used in various dishes of Indian cuisine as they hold a great value for your health.
Here are some of their benefits, explore them:
1. Improves digestion:
They promote digestion. Indigestion is a common health problem that most of us often face, which can be cured by consuming soaked cumin seeds.
2. Rich source of iron:
They are a rich source of iron. Consuming them regularly helps you avoid any kind of iron deficiency in your body and also, some problems caused by it!
3. Maintains levels of blood cholesterol & sugar:
Contents of cumin seeds can also help cure diabetes and high level of cholesterol.
4. Protein-rich spice:
Nutritionally rich, they provide a high amount of mono-saturated fat, protein, and dietary fibers.
5. Anti-septic and anti-inflammatory:
As they have certain active ingredients that offer an anti-septic and anti-inflammatory effect; they are found useful in treating inflammation and joint pains.
6. Helps reduce weight:
You will be surprised to know that soaked cumin seeds have a remarkable effect in reducing overweight drastically.
Thank you, I hope you too consume cumin seeds regularly.
Cumin: A Natural Treatment of Constipation
- Boil 25 grams of black and white roasted cumin, 25 grams of peepal and 25 grams of black pepper, and then add 10 grams of roasted asafoetida. Then add lemon juice to this made powder and make small tablets of it and dry it and eat two tablets in the dosage form. It relieves constipation
- A mixture of garlic and cumin is also very good for improving digestion. You can relieve constipation by taking regular garlic and cumin seeds.
Vomiting could be reduced by Cumin
- If the juice of the bark is stirred with cumin and sugar candy, then along with vomiting, fever, and diarrhea, it also will get cured.
- Take one spoon of honey in a fine powder of 1 spoon roasted cumin and after taking it every day after eating it. Vomit is fine with it. You can too mix lemon and cumin powder to stop vomiting. There are a lot of benefits of lemon and cumin for health.
Cumin as a Treatment of Diarrhea
- Eat half to 2 grams of white cumin powder with curd two to three times every day. With this, diarrhea, lack of food, and loss of appetite will be cured.
- After eating food, drink cumin, black salt mixed in buttermilk. This can stop diarrhea.
- Take one teaspoon of cumin, 2 cloves of garlic, and one teaspoon of dry ginger, one teaspoon of fennel, 2 cloves, and 4 grams of pomegranate seeds and powder them, and fry this powder, add half a teaspoon three times a day. Benefits of diarrhea.
- Make a powder by grinding cumin and sugar finely and after mixing it with buttermilk in a spoonful quantity of 1 teaspoon, diarrhea is stopped repeatedly.
The statements made on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and represent the opinions of the authors. The authors are not medical doctors and do not engage directly or indirectly in diagnosing disease, dispensing medical advice, or prescribing the use of any products or services as treatment for sickness or disease. This information is for educational purposes only and is not intended to replace consultation with a qualified medical professional.