Amla is known as Indian Gooseberry in English. It is also known as one of the most popular plants in Ayurveda. It can also provide plenty of health benefits due to the wide array of nutrients. Today there are only a few countries cultivating Amla in which the most common growers are India, China, and Malaysia.
Apart from being the seasonal fresh fruits, there are also several different methods for the prevention of Amla like in the form of dried powder, pickles, jams, wines, candies, drinks, and a lot more.
Its regular consumption can prevent various diseases like diabetes, Cardiovascular disorders, digestive disorders, urinary problems, hormonal imbalances, hair loss, arthritis, cough and cold, and the list is endless.
Home Remedies Using Amla
- Stomach Cancer: Mix 1 tbsp of amla powder with water. Drink daily for 4 months
- Acidity: Mix 1 gram of amla powder with little sugar in milk or water. Consume this mixture twice in a day.
- Alzheimer’s: Take 2 fresh amla daily before breakfast.
- Amnesia: Take 3 tbsp of amla powder twice a day.
- Anemia: Take a mixed solution of amla juice, sugarcane juice, and also honey.
- Chest Pain: Consume one fresh amla with salt once in a day.
- Loss of Appetite: Mix 2 tbsp of amla juice with 1 tsp of lemon juice and drink this daily on an empty stomach for 3 weeks.
- Fungal infection: Drink one cup of amla juice with sugar daily in the morning.
- Chest infection: Mixture of 1 tsp of honey and half a tsp of dried amla powder in lukewarm water every morning cures chest infections.
- Dry cough: Lick amla powder with honey thrice in a day.
- Constipation: Take 1 tsp dried amla powder with warm milk or water before sleeping
- Diabetes: Add 1 tsp of fresh amla juice in a cup of fresh bitter gourd juice helps to stimulate insulin secretion
- Digestive disorders: Drink warm water mixed with dried amla powder and black salt.
- Lung disease: Consume 1 tsp of dried amla powder with water on an empty stomach.
- Bleeding: Apply the extracted amla juice on the affected area.
- Fatigue: Crush the fresh amla and add honey. Have it every morning.
- Hair Care: Massage scalp with amla oil before shampooing. Apply amla juice diluted with water and rub it on the scalp for 15 minutes. Then rinse it off with normal water. Drink 1 glass of amla juice regularly retains the natural hair color and prevents the premature greying of hair.
Different Ways To Consume Amla
- Eat fresh amla fruits
- Make fresh juice
- Dried amla powder
- Amla pickles
- Amla candies
- Dry amla under Sun
- Boil amla with turmeric and salt
- Amla curry
- Amla sauce