Why should we Eat Bananas?
Bananas are a good dietary source of potassium and magnesium — two nutrients that are essential for heart health. Bananas are high in several antioxidants, which may help reduce damage from free radicals and lower your risk of some diseases.
The Benefits Of Banana And Milk Diet:
Banana’s Portion Of Benefits:
- Bananas, as we all know, are a highly nutritious fruit-laden with vitamins and minerals, especially potassium (about 422 mg in one banana) which is vital for the normal functioning of the body.
- They also contain fibers (about 3 gms in one banana), which help the body get rid of the toxins that are accumulated in it.
- These also give a satiated feeling, making one feel hungry after long hours. Above all, they are tastier, and consuming them is easier.
Milk’s Portion Of Benefits:
- Fat-free milk is a quintessential element of our daily diet. It is rich in calcium and proteins and contains no fat.
- The calcium in it helps in the development and retention of bone strength. It also helps in the normal functioning of hormones.
- It also contains proteins that are required for the development of the body muscles.
- Put together, bananas and milk provide the body with ample doses of proteins, vitamins, fibers, and minerals without any fat!
- The nutrients received from this diet are enough to supply the body with a sufficient amount of energy to sustain for a period of 3 to 4 days.
Some Points Of Caution:
A banana and milk diet regime can be followed by anyone who wants to lose weight in an emergency. However, there are a few things that one should keep in mind when following it:
- Initially, one might feel a bit weak as the calorie intake gets reduced incredibly during this diet. The weakness is not difficult enough to manage, but if in case it does get tough to manage, you could consume one proper meal per day. Still, try to keep the fat intake less for this meal.
- The banana-milk diet is not recommended to be followed by women during their menstrual cycle. This diet lacks minerals like iron, zinc, copper, and some vitamins that are quite important to be consumed during this time. Still, if the diet has to be taken at this time, make sure you have some vitamin and mineral supplements along with it.
- The banana-milk diet plan should not be followed for more than 4 days as some of the vital elements required for the body are missing in it. Following this diet for 4 days helps one lose around 4 kgs of body weight easily. If one wants to lose more weight, he/she could take a gap of about one week and undertake another round of this diet plan.