Jeera(cumin) is a flowering plant that belongs to the family Apiaceae. The health benefits of jeera include its ability to aid in digestion, improves immunity, and treat skin disorders and insomnia. It also helps treat anemia, boils, cancer, and respiratory. It is an excellent source of iron, manganese, magnesium, and phosphorus.
Look at some of the most important benefits of cumin in detail.
Skin Care: Jeera helps in protecting skin against fungal and microbial infections due to its disinfectant and antifungal properties. It is reducing signs of premature aging like wrinkles, age spots, and sagging skin. This effect is due to the presence of vitamin E which acts as an antioxidant and combats the free radicals.
Prevents Anemia: Iron-rich jeera can be a nutritious addition to the daily diet of anemic people. It helps relieve the symptoms of anemia like fatigue, anxiety, cognitive malfunction, and digestive issues.
Bone Health: Calcium in jeera helps in increasing the bone density, thereby delaying the onset of osteoporosis.
Anti-aging Benefits: Vitamin E present in jeera triggers the anti-aging within the body, thus preventing premature aging symptoms. It acts as antioxidant combat the free radicals that attack the skin and cause signs of aging like wrinkles, age spots, and sagging skin. This combination of antioxidant effect and antibacterial capacity of jeera provides to you with a healthy, beautiful skin that lasts far into your old age
Cancer: Jeera is helpful in colon and breast cancer. The seeds contain thymoquinone, dithymoquinone, thymohydroquinone, and thymol which are anti-carcinogenic agents.
Fights Common Cold: The essential oils present in jeera act as disinfectants and help fight viral infection which is the cause of the common cold. It also suppresses the development of coughing in the respiratory system since it dries up the excess mucus. The high content of iron and vitamin C helps to strengthen the immune system and keeps the infection from forming or becoming worse.
- Control Cholesterol: Coriander lowers bad cholesterol (LDL) and increases the levels of good cholesterol (HDL).
- Blood Pressure Control: Consuming coriander has been shown to positively reduce blood pressure in many patients suffering from hypertension. The communication of these two elements relaxes blood container tension, thereby reducing the chances of several cardiovascular conditions, including heart episodes and strokes.
- Aids Digestion: Coriander seeds, along with fresh coriander leaves, help in healthy and balanced digestion. If you suffer from abdomen indigestion, include coriander seed products in your diet. Soak a handful of seeds in water for a day.
- Anti-Diabetic: Many doctors swear by the anti-diabetic real estate of the coriander seed. It stimulates the production of insulin, thus maintaining healthy blood sugar levels. Those suffering from diabetes and high cholesterol should drink coriander water daily.
- Eye Maintenance: Considered one of the best remedies just for conjunctivitis, coriander also prevents other eye diseases and complications. The great antioxidant content in it reduces redness, itchiness, and inflammation in the eyes.
Looking for more ideas on how the health benefits of jeera can help out you can read a good article based on health benefits here.