The world is growing fast and with that, the use of technology is also evolving day by day. Different forms of technology are helping us to achieve our goals and milestone. Talking about technology have you ever heard of cloud computing? In this modern world, people are driven towards cloud computing as it helps to boost the success of business securely. If you are planning to establish a business to the next level then you should know about cloud computing.
To make you clear about cloud computing we have written this short article in which you will learn different stages of cloud computing, their importance, role, and example of some popular business sites that are using the advantages of cloud computing.
**Amazing Fact- For any small or medium business, cloud computing helps to reduce the cost-effectiveness by 40 times compared to an in-house IT system. **
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing in the simplest term is powered by a network of physical information, storage facilities, programming, and administration that unexpectedly spikes in Internet demand (the “cloud”) rather than in your local device (such as your PC). It allows you to access information and project over the internet. Cloud computing helps to save the local storage of your computer and also prevent your data from being lost or damaged. Lots of people are dependent upon cloud services like Gmail, Dropbox, Office 365, Onedrive, and many more.
Examples of Cloud Computing
Cloud computing offers lots of services to users. Some of the real-world examples of cloud computing are:
- Cloud computing for users: Gmail, Cloud back-up, Dropbox, Facebook, etc.
- Cloud computing in marketing: Adobe Marketing Cloud, Hubspot, Maropost, etc.
- Cloud computing in healthcare: IBM cloud, ClearDATA, Dell’s healthcare cloud, etc.
- Cloud computing in education: Amazon web services, SlideRocket, Ratatype, etc.
Some popular companies providing cloud services are Slack, Box, Acquia, IBM, Dropbox, DigitalOcean, Datrium, Amazon web services, Salesforce, etc.
Different Types of Cloud Computing Services
Software as a Service (SaaS)
The most important application for cloud computing is probably Software as a Service (SaaS). SaaS items convey web-based information and are available on any gadget from a program that allows those organizations to continue promoting the product. For this you don’t need to install any software on your PC, you can easily access the tools directly from your browser.
If you are looking to start your startup business or to do any short-term project that requires affordable, quick, and easy collaboration then in such a situation you can use SaaS. Systems for the board’s customer relationship management (CRM) and enterprise resource management (ERM) services will account for more than 60 percent of all cloud systems spent by 2021.
Example: Some of the popular examples of SaaS include Salesforce, Dropbox, Cisco WebEx, Slack, Zoom, GoToMeeting, Google Apps, SAP Concur, etc.
When to use SaaS?
You can use SaaS for your startup business that requires less effort to handle. For example, you can use a CRM system or sales management system without worrying about system updates. You can use it for short term projects and when the business starts to grow then you can switch to another model.
- Available via the internet.
- Hosted on a distant server.
- Versatile, with different levels for organizations at the small, medium, and enterprise level.
- Users not authorized for modifications to the hardware or software.
Limitation on SaaS
- Businesses rely completely on external vendors.
- You cannot upgrade any software. You have to use what the provider provides you.
Platform as a Service (PaaS)
Platform as a Service (PaaS), offers some software cloud segments while mostly being used for applications. It is a model that provides clients with supported advancement packs, executive capacity applications, and database devices – the virtual tools companies need to compile, communicate, and deploy their product applications. It provides a platform to the developer where they can create applications at a low cost. Likewise, more than 100 cloud services like RDS, EC2 andS3 have been offered by Amazon Web Services.
Example: Some of the popular examples of PaaS include Windows Azure, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Google App Engine, OpenShift, Force.com, etc.
When to use PaaS?
If you are looking to develop any kind of application then you should choose PaaS because it provides a good platform for developer and software development companies to develop and manage any kind of application. For example Google search engine provides a platform to create and host web applications that google operates.
- Multiple users can access this platform.
- Based on virtual innovation.
- It provides different services and tools to develop an application.
- Sets up web administrations and databases.
Limitation of PaaS
- It is very reliant on the functionalities of the vendor.
- Difficulties may arise if PaaS is used in combination with existing platforms for growth.
- Since the data and information are kept off-site, there is a security risk.
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
If you are a large-scale enterprise customer or a full-time developer then you should focus on this model of cloud computing i.e. Infrastructure as a Service. IaaS is completely self-administration for accessing and reviewing PCs, storage, networking, and other services. IaaS is commonly used in a few different ways, including as a testing situation for application enhancement, as a site, and even as a stage for huge investigation of information.
Because of its business congruity and its effectiveness in conveying applications, IaaS is becoming a famous choice for the cloud. Oracle’s exploration found that 66 percent of IaaS customers said using the web foundation would make it easier to move forward, sliced their opportunity to convey new applications and benefits, and cut ongoing maintenance costs altogether.
Example: Some of the popular examples of IaaS include Linode, Microsoft Azure, Cisco Metacloud, DigitalOcean, Amazon Web Services, Rackspace, Google Compute Engine, etc.
When to use IaaS?
You can use IaaS whenever you think that your business needs a high performing application and can handle all the infrastructure of your business. You can use any tools and modify that however, you like. Everything will be flexible and the cost for infrastructure will be determined based on their selection.
- Cost varies according to consumption.
- Products are extremely extensible.
- Resources are delivered as a service.
- Multiple users can access this platform.
Limitation of IaaS
- As it is best so it will be more expensive than SaaS and PaaS.
- If any problem occurs in your infrastructure then it will be all your responsibility.
Cloud Computing Benefits (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
If you know the right approach to use cloud computing then it will be beneficial for your business in many ways. Every model of cloud computing (SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS) has different beneficial aspects of their own. Some of the common benefits that you can get from using cloud computing are:
- It helps to save extra hardware and infrastructure.
- It helps to reduce your IT expenses.
- It helps to scale up your business growth.
- It provides a flexible work platform.
- There are many advanced security systems in the cloud that will keep the data stored in it securely.
- There won’t be a tension of upgrading applications and buying servers when it became out of date.
SaaS vs PaaS vs IaaS: Which model is best for your business?
Different business has their own different need. The right choice for picking a cloud computing model depends upon the need of your business. All these model of cloud computing has its own role and importance. Following some points are given that can meet your business requirement:
- SaaS provides you ready-to-use service that you can use to meet particular business needs easily. Examples are- email, website, CRM, collaboration tools, etc.
- If you are owning a software development company and needs to develop software product then you can pick Platform as a Service.
- If you need a completely flexible workplace to build your custom apps and website then you can use Infrastructure as a Service.
In many fields and businesses cloud computing has provided us many services and support. With the help of cloud computing, we can store our data save, and grow our business in a faster way. All these above discussed types of cloud computing have their own role and importance in different businesses. If you can figure out the right way to utilize the services of the cloud then it will be very helpful for your business growth and if not then you will lack behind in the age of competition. So before choosing any model of cloud computing make sure which type of cloud computing will be best for your business.