The English Country Interior Design Style.
- The perfect mix of formal and casual design
- Uses a variety of furniture from different periods
- Avoids furniture sets
- This is a maximalist style that incorporated lots of layers in a room
Defining furniture characteristics of English Country style.
Materials used for the furniture.
Colour theme for an English country-style home.
- For artworks use large portraits stacked on top of each other in a vertical arrangement.
- This style is not about minimalism so blank walls are a definite NO to this style.
- Be sure you put plants and floors throughout your home.
- Stacks of books are also a key feature.
- needlepoint pillows, footstool, stained glass, crystal candle holders, a beautiful tea set, and most importantly a fireplace even if it id nit functional is a key.
On the lighting front just like with the other elements of this style, use a layered approach. Think floor lamps, sconces, table lamps, and French Empire crystal chandeliers look fantastic as well. Keep the lighting traditional. contemporary has no place in our English Country homes.