Ever wondered if you’re genuinely happy? What do you need to find happiness? What can you do to find happiness? We all have at some point. This one is for you, my friend!
Happiness is when you can recognize and appreciate the good things in your life without letting the bad things overshadow them.
How to be Happy
Success, marital status, social ties, even your neighbors — everything determines how happy you are. Or can be. Research shows that much of happiness is under personal control.
⦁ Regularly indulging in small pleasures.
⦁ Getting absorbed in challenging activities.
⦁ Setting and meeting goals.
⦁ Maintaining close social ties.
⦁ Finding purpose beyond oneself
All of this can increase life satisfaction. Don’t depend on someone else for your happiness. Find your own happiness. Make yourself happy! It isn’t happiness perse that promotes well-being, it’s the actual pursuit that’s key.
Signs of a Happy Person
A happy person is not fascinated with fancy material goods or luxury vacations. This person is fine with the simple pleasures of life—petting a dog, sitting under a tree, enjoying a cup of tea. Here are the signs of the happiest:
1. Does not feel entitled and has fewer expectations
2. Is not rude or judgmental
3. Doesn’t hold grudges
4. Is open to learning new things
5. Is high in humility and patience
6. Doesn’t register small annoyances
7. Does not angst over yesterday and tomorrow
8. Exercises self-care
9. Smiles and laughs readily
10. Goes with the flow
11. Enjoys the simple things
12. Practices compassion
13. Gives and receives without torment
14. Express gratitude regularly
15. Is not stingy with their happiness
16. Enjoys healthy relationships
17. Is happy for other people
18. Has a healthy support network
19. Lives with meaning and purpose
Did you notice how all of this solely surrounds only you? It has nothing to do with anyone else, not your parents, not your partner or your friends and relatives.
YOU make YOU happy!