This is especially for all the moms out there! We don’t appreciate you enough but WE LOVE YOU! Keeping in mind the current pandemic it has been very difficult especially for the moms with all these responsibilities. Here are 70 fun and learning activities you can enjoy with your young ones!
1. DIY Sensory Bottles
2. Turn lemon into a battery.
3. Go camping in the living room.
4. Mix Diet Coke and Mentos and stand back to watch the explosion. (Really! Stand back.)
5. Have an indoor picnic.
6. Listen to an audiobook or podcast.
7. Dress up in your best clothes and have a fancy dinner.
8. Design and go on an indoor treasure hunt.
9. Make friendship bracelets.
10. Learn magic tricks.
11. Have a pizza party!
12. Create a family tree.
13. Let your kids write and direct a stop-motion movie.
14. Learn and play a new card game.
15. Have your kids close their eyes and hold their nose and see if they can still identify foods by taste.
16. Make paper airplanes and see whose plane flies the farthest.
17. Play dress up with mom and dad’s clothes.
18. Make popsicles.
19. Go in your backyard and look for four-leaf clovers.
20. Write a secret message in invisible ink.
21. Clean out your closets.
22. Make decorations, create a playlist, and throw a family dance party.
23. Try a new cookie or cake recipe. Bonus idea: Set up a camera or smartphone and film a cooking show!
24. Make a piñata.
25. Play board games.
26. Turn milk into a material that acts like plastic using white vinegar.
27. Make a family tree.
28. Make slime.
29. Change how an egg floats or sinks in a glass by adding salt to the water.
30. Have a tea party.
31. Make a water sensory bag.
32. Make some play-dough.
33. Create a nature scavenger hunt in your back yard.
34. Play “The Floor is Lava.”
35. Snuggle on the couch and read your favorite books.
36. Rearrange or redecorate your room.
37. Play in a bubble bath.
38. Have a pillow fight.
39. Make an indoor obstacle course.
40. Have a family music night.
41. Build a giant fort out of blankets, chairs, and pillows.
42. Put on a puppet show.
43. Make a scrapbook.
44. Play marbles on the floor.
45. Do a puzzle.
46. Create a new dessert.
47. Make a volcano
48. Put on your bathrobes and play spa day.
49. Play 20 Questions.
50. Grow a bean in a clear cup to watch the roots grow down and the stem grows up.
51. Decorate a T-shirt.
52. Write letters to family and friends.
53. Force an egg to fit into a bottle by creating suction using heat.
54. Play hangman or tic-tac-toe.
55. Recycle plastic bottles, pipes to make something new.
56. Make a time capsule! One day your kids can use it to tell their kids all about this craziness.
57. Make a lava lamp
58. Make a rainbow in a glass. ( Use skittles to form a rainbow )
59. Paint leaves
60. Make snow ( You need shaving cream, corn starch, and food coloring)
61. Engineer a tall tower using red party cups and sheets of paper. How high can you go?
62. Play ‘A minute to win it’ games.
63. Put gummy bears in water, salt water, and vinegar. They Grow!
64. Make homemade ice cream in a bag: shake salt, ice, cream, and sugar vigorously until the consistency is right, then enjoy.
65. Make quiet books for your babies.
66. Water balloon fight.
67. Engage in simple sewing activities.
68. Draw and paint.
69. Make sensory boards.
70. Cook together. Make surprise meals for each other.