So guys I am very excited to share my desi recipes with you.I started my blog post with this beautiful quote.
“Cooking is about creating something delicious for someone else”.
Are you guys looking for delicious and mouth watering dishes? That’s it, you guys comes to write page. In this blog I will share delicious Teh wali biryani recipe.
Biryani is one of the most favorite dish in Pakistan.About 90 percent people fall in love with biryani. There fore when ever they smell the aroma of biryani they can’t control themselves and just wanted to eat it.I am sure guys when you try these recipes you gonna love it!.. So let get started.
Teh wali Biryani:
So guys if you are a desi food lovers then try this mouth watering and delicious teh wali biryani which has amazing flavors and aroma and you guys will not be able to wait for eating this.
Cuisine:Pakistani and Indian.
Servings:6 to 8
Chief: Mehakmaa Khan
- 1 kg chicken.
- 1 kg half boiled rice.
- 1 cup yogurt.
- 3 to 4 potatoes( cut them in cubes).
- 1 table spoon nutmeg(japhil).
- 1 table spoon mace(javitri).
- 5 to 6 Bay leaf.(Kari pata).
- 5 to 6 star anise(badyan ka phool).
- 5 to 6 dried plums(sookha hoa aloo Bukhara).
- 2 table spoon cumin.(zeera)
- 2 table spoon coriander seeds(dhaniya).
- 2 table spoon fennel(saunf).
- 2 table spoon red chili powder.
- 2 table spoon turmeric powder.
- 2 table spoon green chili paste.
- 3 to 4 table spoon of biryani masala( if you don’t have biryani masala don’t bother i will also explain its recipe blow).
- 2 table spoon of ginger.
- 2 table spoon of garlic.
- Green chilies (cut them in center).
- 6 to 8 cloves.
- 6 to 8 black pepper.
- 2 to 3 cinnamon.(dar cheeni).
- 2 to 3 green cardamom (hari elachi).
- 2 to 3 black cardamom ( Kali elachi).
- Green Coriander.
- Orange color.
Biryani Masala recipe:
- Bay leaf.(Kari pata).
- star anise(badyan ka phool).
- coriander seeds(dhaniya).
- black pepper
- cinnamon.(dar cheeni).
- green cardamom (hari elachi).
- red chili.
Grind all these equal amount ingredients.
For Chicken Marination:
- Take half cup yogurt,1 table spoon green chili paste, 1 table spoon of ginger paste, 1 table spoon garlic paste,1 table spoon of red chili powder, 2 table spoon of lemon juice and little bit of orange color.
- Mix them well and apply the mixture on chicken and marinate for an hour. Add 4 table spoon of oil on frying pan and fry the chicken for 15 to 20 min on medium flame. Still frying until chicken turned to golden.
- Take 5 big spoon of oil in pan and cut 5 to 6 medium size onions, then add this onion to pan and fry it until it turns to golden brown. Take out half of the golden brown onion from pan and (Tip:then add 3 to 4 table spoon of water so that onions don’t burns or doesn’t changes its color from brown to black by continuous frying).
- Now add tomatoes , remaining ginger garlic and green chili paste, biryani masala,cinnamon, nutmeg, mace,bay leaf,star anise,cumin seeds, coriander seeds, funnel,green and black cardamom, black paper,cloves , dried plums, red chili powder, turmeric powder and 1/4 cup of water.
- Stir them well and wait until the tomatoes get soften when oil and mixture is separated from each other this means that mixture is ready.
- Half boil rice( if you take 4 cups of basmati rice then add 8 cups of water, salt to taste and 2 table spoons of ghee). (Tip: if rice are too softens then take bread piece,put it on rice. This is because bread sucks all the excess water).
- Now the first layer is of onion mixture, place second layer of half of boiled rice then put third layer of chicken and potatoes and then again layer with rice and finally at top layer sprinkle fresh coriander,mint,lemon pieces and fry onions and orange color and cover it and place it on griddle for 15 to 20 min on very low flame(this is called dum in Pakistan).
Serve it with green chatni and salad.
Green Chatni Recipe:
- 1 bunch of Fresh coriander.
- 1 bunch of Fresh Mint.
- 3 Green Chili.
- 3 cloves of Garlic.
- 2 table spoon of Cumin.
- 1 cup Yogurt.
- salt to taste
Grind all the ingredients.
- 2 medium size onions (finely chop them).
- 2 cucumber(cut in small cubes).
- 2 tomatoes(cut in small cubes).
- 1 red carrot(cut in small cubes).
- 1 radish(cut in small cubes).
- 1 bunch of lettuce.
- 2 lemons.
- 1 small head cabbage.
- 1 table spoon of vinegar.
- 1 table spoon of black pepper.
- Salt to taste.
Mix oil, lemon juice,vinegar,black pepper and salt in a bowl.
Mix all the ingredients with dressing and serve the yummy salad with biryani. This salad makes biryani more delicious.
I hope you guys like my blogs.